Wednesday 19 November 2014

Christmas Project Pt1

So starting a few new projects today for the Christmas party. This is a 2 part project at the moment.
Part 1: A Grinch mask / Prosthetic
Part 2: A Krampus mask + outfit

So to start with I'm getting what I'm weighing up to be the easiest / quickest of the two: the Grinch mask. The process to start with is the same as the zombie prosthetic, for the first few evenings after work I'll start the blocking process on the face using clay, following on from that will be detail + texture then finally molding and casting.
The main idea is to get Grinch finished but the end of the week. Which should then give me the next week to work on the Krampus mask and a further week to get all the kit together for it.

So to start with I outlined on the mannequin head the lines biased on the Jim Carrey Grinch. You can enjoy this classy reference picture for the moment. 
I started to block out the shapes and folds with the clay just to get the basic shape, tomorrow night I'll start to bulk out the details and add  depth to it before the detailing can begin.
So here is the progress for now:
 
So as you can see its just the basic shape for the moment the nose / muzzle area needs to come out more at the sides and I need to start bulking out the cheeks and eyebrows also. I might have to get better pictures or re-watch the film again to see if I've made the nose too far out as I think its more squashed in that what I've made it but its a start.


1 comment: