Thursday 20 November 2014

Christmas Project pt2

Another evening on finishing the main bulk of the claywork. So I managed to bulk out the face more and adding the many fold lines that are across the face around the cheeks and forehead.
Here you can see the progress so far:

There not too much to say I managed to achieve what I wanted to do tonight which was getting the rest of the structure down - I need to watch some footage though before tomorrow as I'm still not happy that the nose is correct - I think I will need to push it in more so its more scrunched up to the face. (Unfortunately most picture on Google is Jim Carrey pulling his normal funny faces so its hard to tell, but gives me a reason to watch a Christmas movie a little early.)
I'm also considering pushing the eyebrows up a bit further but as they're hidden by the fur it shouldn't make too much difference.
Finally I need to work on the edges and lip ears to get it smoothed out and thinned out.


So the next big push will be finalising the structure then on to start the smoothing & detailing. Hopefully if I can nail this down tomorrow I can spend the weekend making the cast with more care this time round so there hopefully wont be air pockets.

No comments:

Post a Comment