Wednesday 17 September 2014

I AM KROGAN!

So continuing once more with updating older stuff this is the latest piece of sculpting I was toying around with. Its a short post this time unfortunately.
After reading some articles in 3D Artist about 3D printers I got the idea to try to sculpt something I could print, a little character model would be perfect!
For my love of Mass Effect I thought a Krogan model would be interesting to make as they have lots of detail to them.
I started toying around with a basic sculpt for Wrex's head, as you can see the model itself has a basic shape to it but that is it so far.

So during my sculpt planning I discovered a problem. Sculpting is difficult and somewhat pointless to make a humanoid shape from scratch when there is an easier solution at hand. Ideally the best way to tackle this would be to make a generic male humanoid shape in Blender and then transfer it to Sculptris then work on the detail within this program instead of attempting to make it all from scratch.
So after an evenings work I put down the pen and decided to leave this until I had learned how to create models in Blender first.
This will be a technique used in future projects as I really want to work on something that can be 3D printed.

To summarize:   
  • Learn and create basic models in Blender to transfer into Sculptris
  • Import a humonoid model and sculpt ontop of it
  • Create a cool scaled model to 3D Print in the future

No comments:

Post a Comment